Friday 6 May 2011

Start a routine with all these new exciting things... Eventually it will become boring

Living at home with my parents; nice house, nice food, living free and easy. Not touching a single penny in any of my three bank accounts (why I have three I do not know).

Come Saturday, after work, it's back to Uni life. I attend the Stirling University Football Club's annual dinner, get drunk, then retreat to my flat to sleep.
The next day, Sunday, I spend my last £10 on beer and fortified wine and have such a brilliant time with all my friends. However, remembering what I actually did the next morning was extremely difficult.
From then on I have been recovering from that day, physically, mentally and emotionally. "What a bloody day!" I think.

However, all this carousing, fun and good times make me feel a bit of guilt and at the end of it all I ask myself: "Yeah, good stuff. But, what have I achieved?"

It is 3am on a Thursday morning and a crest of productivity has washed over me and I'm going to endeavor in making this sudden productivity last for the next four weeks... At the least.
Because, I know this great thing, this motivational phenom that comes every so often in my life will run it's course and I'll then find myself right back to square one.

Laze about. Get drunk. Think. Motivate. Do. Get tired. Laze about. Get drunk. Think. Motivate. Do. Get tired. Laze about. Get drunk. Think. Motivate. Do. Get tired. Laze about. Get drunk. Think. Motivate. Do. Get tired. Laze about. Get drunk. Think. Motivate. Do. Get tired. Laze about. Get drunk. Think. Motivate. Do. Get tired. Laze about. Get drunk. Think. Motivate. Do. Get tired...
After sieving through the details and filtering it down to it's most simplest form, this is my life.

It is a cycle I am accustomed to.
Do I need to change it?
Probably.

Change, 75% of the time, is a good thing.
Saying this, that 75 per cent success rate comes with a helluvalot of hard work to constitute the change -that has the potential to shape a new path in your life- a good one.


Motivate. Do. Start a change in life. Keep change. Make it a routine. Do routine. Do routine again. Do it again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again....
Get tired. Laze about. Get drunk. Think. Motivate. Do...

It can probably be described as a test of character. Sticking to a productive routine is hard. Or can be.
It all just depends if you've made a change for the better.

Conn Harp

No comments:

Post a Comment